Knee Injury Treatment in Bear, DE
Now Serving Bear, Newark, Wilmington, DE and Surrounding Areas
Knee injuries are some of the most common injuries because your knees are highly mobile, load-bearing joints. Ensuring the proper function and good health of your knees is extremely important. If you neglect them when you’re young, as you begin to age; you will lose your mobility much sooner and could potentially be disabled at a younger age due to cellular senescence.
This study conducted by the National Institute of Health estimates that roughly only 20% of all soft tissue knee injuries are ever actually managed and treated by professionals. This could directly correlate to the sharp rise in cases of knee osteoarthritis. Choosing not to properly treat a knee injury can cause poor joint health to manifest itself and the damage can get much worse. The professionals at Comprehensive Accident and Injury Center have years of experience in administering a variety of alternative therapies that are effective at helping you heal.
Common Causes of Knee Injuries
All of the joints in your body are subject to many forms of injury, both acute and chronic. The knees are especially susceptible as they are load-bearing joints that are constantly strained. The rise in body mass index (BMI) of the general population is believed to be the greatest contributor to knee injury and chronic degeneration of knee joints. Other possible knee injuries are as follows:
- ACL / MCL sprain or tear
- Meniscus tear
- Arthritis, rheumatoid, or osteoarthritis
- Tendonitis, such as hamstring tendinopathy
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- Chondromalacia aka ‘runner’s knee’
- Baker’s cyst, a fluid-filled bubble forms in your knee joint
Get an Appointment
Complete the Form Below and We’ll Get Back to you Immediately.
Knee Injury Treatment Options
At Comprehensive Accident and Injury Center, we want to help our clients avoid surgery whenever possible. Treatment options like hyperbaric oxygen therapy and cold laser therapy show potential in helping individuals recover from their injuries faster. Chiropractic therapy is another viable solution to help treat certain knee conditions; these alternative techniques are safer, cheaper, and require less downtime than reconstructive surgery.
- Cold laser therapy: Cold laser therapy works by utilizing low levels of light to heal your knee injuries. The cold therapy is focused on the area that is hurting and as your body absorbs the light, regeneration and healing is stimulated in the area; resulting in reduced knee pain
- Chiropractic therapy: Chiropractic therapy is a non-invasive and drug-free option you can undertake to help alleviate your knee pain. Our professionals will give you knee adjustments that will realign your bones so you can get back to your daily activities without having to resort to surgery.
Contact Us for Thorough Diagnosis and Treatment for Knee Injuries
Our medical professionals at Comprehensive Accident and Injury Center have years of experience in diagnosing and treating joint injuries of every kind. We utilize cutting-edge techniques to pinpoint the source of your pain and provide treatment that stimulates the regeneration of cellular tissues to improve your joint health and help eliminate your pain!
If you would like to learn more about our cold laser or chiropractic therapy, call or book an appointment online today.