Shoulder and Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment Bear, DE
Now Serving Bear, Newark, Wilmington, DE and Surrounding Areas
Your shoulders are one of the more complex joints in the body, capable of a significant range of motion and a key part of your upper body strength. It’s because of their complexity that shoulders are prone to injury. Our modern lifestyle of sitting at desks and tables has ruined our natural posture, and as such, we have become used to allowing our shoulders to roll forwards. Our shoulders are meant to sit back, where they are most stable and move within the joint naturally. If you attempt to add loaded weight to your shoulders when they are improperly set, you can seriously injure the joint, ligament, surrounding muscle as well as the rotator cuff.
According to this study, updated in 2020, by the National Institute of Health, rotator cuff injuries are the most prevalent tendon injury that is sought treatment for with approximately 30% of adults age over 60 experiencing a tear, and 62% of adults over 80. The specialists at Comprehensive Accident and Injury Center have provided treatment for patients of all ages with alternative therapies such as cold laser and HBOT.
Leading Causes of Shoulder Injury
Like the other joints in the body, your shoulders can fall victim to traumatic impacts like falls or car accidents, or more chronic injury due to degrading joint health caused by age-related wear and tear.
The following is a list of common causes of shoulder injury:
- A fall or forceful impact
- Isolated damage to your arm bone, shoulder socket, or collar bone
- Cartilage damage or degeneration
- Problems with nerves and vessels
- Issues with muscles, tendons, or ligaments
- Arthritis in the shoulder joint
Get an Appointment
Complete the Form Below and We’ll Get Back to you Immediately.
What the most effective shoulder therapy is will depend on the severity and type of injury you are suffering from. Pulled or slightly torn muscles may only require over the counter medication paired with physical therapy. But any joint or ligament centered injury will require a more comprehensive form of therapy. The specialists at Comprehensive Accident and Injury Center help you avoid unnecessary surgery by providing cutting edge alternative therapies such as cold laser therapy and Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy; that make your body stronger so you can recover using your natural internal mechanisms.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy uses 100% oxygen to help your body heal from any damage or injury. When HBOT is done the right way, your body will get the oxygen boost it needs to speed up your shoulder injury recovery and prevent the pain from returning.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Through the usage of low levels of light, cold laser therapy encourages your body to stimulate healing in the area that is targeted. As your body absorbs the light, your cells start regenerating and healing, leading to less shoulder pain.
Learn More About Alternative Therapy For Shoulder Injuries
At the Comprehensive Accident and Injury Center, we have years of experience in diagnosing and treating joint injuries of every kind, including shoulder injuries. By using the most updated techniques and alternative therapies, we provide noninvasive and effective medical care for anyone who is looking for shoulder and rotator cuff injury treatments in Bear, DE.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about how you can ease your shoulder pain through the cutting-edge alternative therapies we offer.