Arthritis of the knees is a very debilitating, yet common condition. According to the Cleaveland Clinic, a whopping 50 million Americans are dealing with arthritis. The statistic is staggering, but fortunately, advances in modern medicine are presenting solutions to deal with this chronic condition and get arthritis patients’ lives back on track. Today, we’re going to talk about your options for knee arthritis treatment without surgery that are available at Comprehensive Accident and Injury Center.
Are You Dealing With Arthritis of the Knee? Surgery Isn’t Your Only Option
You don’t have to go under the knife to treat your knee arthritis. There are several knee arthritis treatment options available that can help you manage your pain and improve your quality of life, without surgery.
Allogenic Cell Therapy for the Knees
One knee arthritis treatment that is available at Comprehensive Accident and Injury Center is allogenic cell therapy. This knee arthritis treatment uses cells that are derived from donors to help treat the knee joint. The allogenic cells are injected into the knee joint, where they can help to reduce inflammation and pain.
Allogenic cell therapy is a safe and effective knee arthritis treatment that has been shown to be helpful in reducing knee pain and improving the quality of life for patients with knee arthritis. This is a minimally-invasive procedure that can take as little as 15 minutes and be performed right at our clinic. Based on your specific condition, you might require a series of treatments – but that would be determined after the initial consultation.
If you’re looking for an alternative to knee surgery, allogenic cell therapy may be right for you. For more information on allogenic cell therapy, you can visit our regenerative medicine page here – or simply contact us.
Other Knee Arthritis Treatment Options
There are also a number of alternative therapies that can be used to treat knee arthritis, including:
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help strengthen the muscles around the knee joint, which can help take pressure off the joint and reduce pain. The staff at Comprehensive Accident and Injury Center can consult with you to assess the severity of your condition, and then create a tailored therapy program to address any weaknesses or factors contributing to the inflammation in your knees. Physical therapy is also a regular part of our recovery protocols for regenerative medicine patients.
- Weight loss: Losing weight can help reduce the amount of pressure on the knee joint, which can lead to less pain. Weight loss also contributes to greater energy levels and makes an active lifestyle more of a possibility for knee pain patients.
- Pain relief: Over-the-counter pain medications, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, can help relieve knee pain. Prescription pain medications may also be an option for some people.
- Steroid injections: Steroid injections can help reduce knee inflammation and pain.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections: PRP is a concentration of platelets that can help promote healing. PRP injections can be used to treat knee arthritis. You can read more about platelet rich plasma here.
We’re the Ones to Turn to for Knee Arthritis Treatment without Surgery
- See multiple specialists in the same practice
- Reduce your reliance on pain medications
- Tailored treatment plans designed to encourage healing and strengthen the muscles around the knees
- Enjoy life without the physical limitations of arthritis of the knee
Patients dealing with arthritis of the knee should know that they have options available to them. At Comprehensive Accident and Injury Center, we don’t rely on surgeries or chronic usage of pain medications to provide relief. We target the root of the condition – as opposed to placing a bandaid over the symptoms. If you’re looking for knee arthritis treatment without surgery, there are a number of options available to you. Speak to a team member at CAIC to commence your journey to health and healing.